We’re lucky to have more grandparents in town! Grandma & Grandpa Johnson have been helping out with little Zoe for a week, and to celebrate, we had an official “I Love My Grandparents” photo shoot yesterday :)
As with any good shoot, we had to have a funny hat and a nature backdrop (check, check!). See below for a couple of group shots that illustrate just how tough it is to get 3 people all smiling and looking at the camera at the same time (especially when one of them is less than 2 months old). Believe it or not, these are some of the best out of LOTS of amateur snaps I took in our backyard – and Grandma Ruth gets the award for being most ready for the next shot at all times – plus, she’s quite photogenic! She also gets the award for most likely to get Zoe to smile (I don’t know how she does it!) and Grandpa Bernie gets the award for most comfortable shoulder, where Zoe often likes to sleep.
Some of the other fun things the Johnsons have enjoyed on their trip out to meet Zoe:
- Reorganizing our pantry!
- Alphabetizing the spices in our spice cabinet!
- Cleaning out the fridge!
- Baking (yum)! Shortbread cookies, pumpkin muffins, and making Rice Krispie treats
- Cooking! Soups, vegetables, pork chops, baked moroccan chicken, more
- Changing poopy diapers!
- Fixing our the door knob on our front door that’s been broken for 7.5 years!
- Holding the baby, holding the baby, holding the baby so mommy & daddy can do stuff!
Seriously, it makes you want to visit us just reading that list, doesn’t it? ;) Or maybe it just makes you want us to send the Johnsons to your house next…
Well, we know we’re super lucky to have them with us and highly recommend them for any projects you need – PLUS, don’t get too excited, we’ve got them for another week – woo hoo!
Thanks, Grandma Ruth & Grandpa Bernie!